Information We Collect
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about you, that identifies you or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold about you?
Elcom Technology Pty Ltd only collects personal information that is necessary for one or more of its functions or activities. Information we collect from you may include your contact details, other personal details such as your occupation, job title and financial information.
How is personal information collected?
Generally, we only collect personal information from this website when you voluntarily supply that information to us, for example by filling in a form to receive a guide or watch a video, registering on this website, or when you have authorised a third party to provide that information to us.
Information we collect from you
In order to give you access to our website, we need to collect some information about you. This information is made available to us when you visit, read or download information from our website. We collect the following information about you:
- your Internet address; and
- your domain name, if applicable; and
- the date and time of your visit to our website.
We also collect information such as the pages you access, the documents you download, links from other websites you follow to reach our website, the type of browser you use and other online behaviour and activities. This information is used to help us improve our website experience for visitors and to implement more effective marketing activities.
"Cookies" allow our website to store tokens of information in your browser. They give your browser an identifier which is used by our website while you are on it. Cookies help us to identify what areas of our website are popular based on traffic to those areas.
Most Internet browsers are set up to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may be able to change the settings of your browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your computer, giving you the choice to accept it or not.
Through the website and by using cookies, we can identify your web browser but not you.
We use advertising products including Facebook Remarketing and Google AdWords Remarketing features in order to better serve our advertising to you on other sites. This uses a cookie. You may opt-out of the cookie by visiting the opt-out page.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Elcom Technology Pty Ltd uses the personal information it holds in order to provide its prospects and clients with the services that they request. Elcom Technology Pty Ltd will not use or disclose personal information collected by us for any purpose other than:
the purposes for which it was provided or secondary related purposes in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure; or
- where you have consented to such disclosure; or
- where the National Privacy Principles authorise use or disclosure, as required or authorised under law, in circumstances relating to public health and safety and in connection with certain operations by or on behalf of an enforcement body; for example, information may be disclosed to a court in response to a subpoena or to a Government agency upon request; or
- for the purpose of improving our relationship with you, or to provide you with direct marketing material and communication such as relevant content, research, products, and services that may be of interest to you, as well as to inform you about any new products and services or special offers. We provide an opt-out option for our marketing email communications, which you can use at any time. You can also send direct email requests to current Elcom employees to opt-out of communications.
For example, Elcom Technology Pty Ltd may disclose your personal information to organisations from whom we obtain services such as information technology support, financial and marketing advice, legal advice and the like.
Where a client nominates someone to act on their behalf, Elcom Technology Pty Ltd may provide information to that person, for example, the client's consultant, accountant or financial adviser.
External service providers will only be authorised to use personal information for the purpose for which we supply it.
If Elcom Technology Pty Ltd is unable to use or disclose personal information from or about a client, we may not be able to do business with that client.
Document storage and security
We will at all times seek to ensure that the personal information collected and held by us is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. At all times your personal information is treated as confidential and stored securely.
Access to your personal information
You may at any time, by emailing email@example.com, request access to your personal information.
Elcom Technology Pty Ltd will (subject to the following exceptions) provide you with access to that information either by:
- providing you with copies of the information requested; or
- allowing you to inspect the information requested; or
- providing you with an accurate summary of the information held
We may, prior to providing access in accordance with this policy, require you to provide evidence of your identity.
Correct, amend or delete personal information
Elcom Technology Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information which we collect or use is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you would like us to correct, amend or delete information about you, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- corporate information (unless it is also about any identifiable person); or