Elcom Technology (Elcom), a leading Digital Employee Experience Platform, is pleased to announce their client, GJK Facility Services, a leading facility services provider, has won a Silver Award in the 2022 Step Two Intranet & Digital Workplace Awards.
The global awards recognise outstanding contributions to the fields of intranets and digital workplaces, honouring remarkable solutions that deliver business value to their organisations and then share them with the wider community. GJK has been awarded Silver in the “Intranet Essentials” category.
A judge from the Step Two Awards comments, “GJK has created an intranet that is focused on the needs of a diverse workforce, including its frontline cleaning staff. The new intranet, called ‘Ask George’, has several innovative features including an auto-translation capability that supports staff who don’t have English as a first language, as well as a targeted homepage for cleaning staff which can be consulted on a mobile device.”
Built on the Elcom Digital Employee Experience Platform, the intranet is the single source of truth for a variety of key information in one central digital destination. GJK’s largely mobile workforce can self-serve through a personalised interface and access information required to do their job, collaborate and communicate on their phone or tablet whilst out in the field. The intranet also supports internal communication and features news articles, policies and procedures, calendar of events, new starter section, and GJK quarterly award winners.
Julie Baker, Executive Marketing, Project & Change Manager at GJK comments “As we were developing an intranet for our employees, it was important to understand how they worked and the type of information they were regularly trying to access. I think taking the time to interview employees to understand and design around is why Ask George has been so successful. The support and guidance provided by the Elcom team were invaluable. Winning this Silver Award has been icing on the cake.”
Elcom’s Customer Solutions Director, Josh Anstey, adds, “This is a fantastic testament to the hard work and dedication in how Julie and the team are using their intranet to support the business. We offer an unlimited user licensing model with the Elcom Digital Employee Experience Platform which is perfect for organisations like GJK who maintain a large frontline workforce that don’t have a company email or Office 365 account. It's wonderful to see GJK offer an inclusive platform focused on providing cleaners with relevant content and served in a way that is optimised to their needs.”
Key benefits experienced by GJK:
- Using Elcom’s security permissions, GJK delivers an alternative view to their cleaners, surfacing content that is relevant to them and optimised to their needs. For example, cleaners will have a different homepage with prominent buttons that quickly direct them to key information they would be looking for such as Payroll and Safety.
- With the translator tool, employees can change the intranet content to a language they are more familiar with.
- GJK are also using the Acknowledgement functionality which enables them to notify employees that a particular policy has changed and then have them acknowledge they have read it. To assist them, employees can use the translator tool to read the content ensuring they have a better understanding of what has changed and how it affects them.
- The intranet offers a well-thought-out knowledge hub, staff directory, organisation chart, news articles, policies and procedures, operational content, FAQ/How to section, function specific information and quick links to external systems – all packaged in a clean design and with distinctive branding.
- GJK has been able to increase efficiently through streamlining processes including moving to online forms, using form approval workflows and automating acknowledgements/mandatory reads of new policies.
- Cleaners can use the translator tool to read and acknowledge mandatory content. This way GJK know people are aware of changes, what they mean and how it might affect their roles.
- Accessibility is a key focus across the intranet, with tools including the large text option and high colour contrast mode to ensure all employees can view content.
- There are several sections that drive internal communication including news articles, policies and procedures, calendar of events, new starter section, and GJK quarterly award winners.
- Employees can give shout outs to each other, nominate others for our recognition program via an online form and see what’s happening in other teams. They can also see new starter information on the site about people who have started.
Read the full GJK intranet success story.
Elcom partners with organisations to build meaningful and productive intranets and digital workplaces that empower staff to perform their best, anywhere and on any device. Elcom’s out of the box intranet built on the Elcom Digital Employee Experience Platform comprises over 100 modules of functionality, together with multiple third-party connectors that can easily be activated depending on your organisation's requirements.
The platform can also be extended for portals (board portal, client portal, member portal and supplier portal), and has a built-in learning management system for online training, eLearning, staff onboarding and compliance which includes tests, SCORM compliance and reporting.
Elcom is used by organisations across all industries including Austrade, Inner West Council, Ascham School, Kia Motors Australia, Forty Winks and Orica.
About GJK Facility Services
With over 30 years’ experience, GJK is a leading provider of facility services, committed to providing better experiences for their customers.
GJK are committed to providing better experiences and they do this by listening to what their customers have to say. Their D3 model, Discover, Design, Deliver, encourages a collaborative approach, ensuring they design bespoke, innovative service solutions. Be it optimisation, productivity or cost efficiencies issues, GJK deliver the results needed for their customers’ business.