If company culture is important to you then an exceptional opportunity exists for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our talented team based in Sydney.
Elcom is a leading provider of web content management systems to a broad range of businesses across Australia and overseas. We are a flexible and family friendly employer who believes in a work life balance, and that our people are our greatest asset.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a system administrator to join our Operations team. As part of the Operations team, you will be responsible for almost all aspects of our production and internal systems plus providing internal and external company support relating to our core products.
- Coordination and implementation of software patch management across desktop and server environments.
- Configure, maintain, and administer Microsoft Hyper-V environments.
- Oversee and manage the Elcom hosted environments.
- Deploy the Elcom Platform either on premise, at Elcom or in the cloud.
- Implement and integrate with third party systems as part the CMS project, such as CDN’s, Azure AD, OKTA, SharePoint etc.
- Provide technical leadership in the planning, design, and implementation of software and hardware upgrades.
- Troubleshoot network issues and outages, hardware, and software errors, collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Provide training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
- Monitor and maintain alerting systems to ensure optimal performance and response to potential security incidents
- Respond swiftly to all cybersecurity incidents, identifying causes, implementing fixes, and developing preventative measures to avoid similar occurrences in the future.
Experience and Skills:
At least 5 years of experience with Microsoft technologies, including but not limited to IIS, SQL, MS Clustering, utilized in both corporate and hosting environments.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Hyper-V and Dell Storage within a corporate and hosting setting.
- Advanced understanding of MSSQL at a Database Administrator level, including configuring AOHA groups, understanding of copy-only, performance tuning, and more.
- Solid comprehension of core networking technologies such as DNS, NTP, SMTP, HTTP, VLANs etc.
- Experience managing IT systems such as Office 365, File Servers, and backups.
- Administrative experience with vendors like Mimecast, CrowdStrike, AWS, and Azure.
- Expertise in ensuring high availability of websites, including failover, BCP, session state storage, CDN, caching, particularly towards .NET based web applications.
- Demonstrable ability to work both collaboratively in a team setting and independently on projects, marked by excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- General experience and knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Experience in managing identity and access management (IAM) solutions.
- Knowledge of security frameworks such as ISO 27001 and NIST.
- Familiarity with web-related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service-Oriented Architectures) and network/web-related protocols.
- Experience with or knowledge of endpoint security solutions and techniques.
- A background in customer support, particularly within the web hosting industry, is highly desirable.
- AWS and Azure cloud hosting certifications are a significant advantage.
- Professional certifications like Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) would be highly beneficial.
What's on offer
- High achiever environment in company HQ in Sydney
- Realistic and achievable targets and commission structure
- Supported career progression, professional development
- Flexible and family friendly, diverse workplace
- Great work/life balance
- Interesting work solving real client challenges every day
Location: Sydney, 100 William Street, Sydney
Company Hybrid Policy: Minimum 3 days in the office
Start Date: ASAP
Term: Full Time - Permanent Employee
How to apply
Email [email protected] with a cover letter and your resume or simply fill in the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications, please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Australian citizens and permanent residents are preferred.
Job application form
Mandatory field(s) marked with *
*If unsuccessful in your application, we will remove and delete your resume. If you have not consented for us to retain your resume, we will remove and delete your details from our database.
Elcom Recruitment Policy
Unsolicited enquiries from recruitment agencies will not be taken.
Any third-party recruiter and/or agency without a signed contract with Elcom will not be eligible for placement fees of any kind from Elcom.
Any CV submitted by such a third party on behalf of job candidate(s) will be regarded as submission by the candidate(s) alone.