Elcom is a dynamic Australian company committed to building innovative web solutions to help our clients succeed in digital engagement and digital transformation.
We are globally recognised with our own web content management software, the Elcom platform. We work with mid to enterprise size clients across all industries including Volkswagen, WWF, Austrade, H&R Block, Clayton Utz, Viva Energy and Ascham School.
Elcom is a leading provider of a Digital Experience Platform for a broad range of web solutions.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Account Manager to join our winning team.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of Enterprise customers; representing the customer within our business, interfacing with all departments to ensure customer delight.
The Account Management function is a complex, demanding and highly visible role with many outcomes expected. It requires a highly-organised individual with good business acumen, strong planning skills, sound technical orientation, excellent relationship building skills and strategic execution ability to drive sales and success.
Required experience and skills
- 4-year degree preferred.
- 4-5 year’s work experience in a relevant role with at least 2 years managing medium – enterprise accounts, with prior technical experience or technical acumen.
- Excellent customer, and market orientation in software and subscription services.
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring customers successfully adopt and realise value from subscription software and services.
- Subscription based software sales experience in Customer and Digital Experience Platforms.
- Excellent people skills i.e. ability to build relationships, networking and understanding client requirements and needs.
- Good administrative skills including:
- Planning and time management to execute within parameters
- Risk and Sales forecasting and reporting
- Proficiency in MS Office and other business tools to communicate and/or present professionally to customers
- Experience working with multiple levels of customer stakeholders – technical admins, team leaders, C level executives, legal, HR, compliance, and procurement contacts
- Generating new business from existing customers.
- Demonstrating new software features to win more business.
- Negotiating and overcoming objections for deal closure.
- Working with pre-sales sales consultants to discover, identify, and meet customer needs.
- Liaising with the project management and customer support teams to ensure that all issue requests are promptly addressed.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of meeting agreed targets.
- Demonstrated ability to work without supervision.
- Knowledge of Web, Intranet and Portal technologies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Software and services sales experience.
- Responsible for all areas of the work involved in a sales cycle, including but not limited to; account management, documenting meetings, preparing proposals and sign-off.
- Manage and develop account plans for your top 20 accounts.
- Ongoing identification, development, and assessment of business opportunities.
- Understanding software application sales, especially Customer and Employee Experience Platforms also referred to as a Web Content Management Systems.
- Creating and managing specifically targeted sales campaigns.
- Achieve agreed sales targets.
- Maintain annual revenue churn to less than 3% per annum.
- Maintain accurate data around opportunities, sales activities and revenue projections.
- Ensure meeting minutes and notes are maintained for all client communications.
- Work with various partners and stakeholders as required.
- Represent Elcom to your customers to ensure Elcom is appropriately positioned and highly regarded.
- Develop extensive executive and senior management relationships.
- Follow Elcom processes and procedures and provide feedback where you consider process improvements can be made.
- Attend informal and formal networking and conference events.
- Collaborate with the sales team, plus actively contribute opinions and participate in decision making to improve team and business outcomes.
- Attend product training on a regular basis.
- Learn to confidently demonstrate Elcom’s Customer and Employee Experience Platform to customers.
- Identify functionality features and industry trends that could be added to the Elcom product offering.
- Remain up to date with our products and how they are being used by our customers.
- Support Marketing on all marketing initiatives and activities including conducting a minimum of one webinar a quarter.
- Respond to all emails and phone calls both internal and external within a timely manner.
- Quickly build strong partnerships with customers by understanding their needs and providing world class experiences to drive their success.
- Assist customers by answering questions, connecting them to resources and working across our internal teams to unlock the value of the Elcom platform.
- Take ownership of any challenges raised by customers; proactively reach out to customers and find solutions that will assist them; proactively anticipate and resolve challenges.
- Identify opportunities, develop and pitch solutions, upsell products that match customer’s needs.
- Be a strategic adviser and consultant by advising clients on best practices within the product, and providing suggestions to unlock the value and full potential of Elcom.
- Deliver the best possible customer service with a view to growing and supporting long-term relationships.
- Ensure projects are delivered in an accurate and timely way, while preserving the customer relationship. Act as the point of escalation for any project challenges.
- Helping customers understand changes in the product suite, including bug fixes, enhancements and new product versions.
- Work with the project team and operations team, to hand closed sales opportunities over smoothly to the project team, so that customer experience is optimal.
This is a superb opportunity to take the next step in your career and really develop and broaden your account management skills within a dynamic team environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a flexible and family friendly employer that believes in a work/life balance.
Come take the next step in your career, at the best place to work, and build the business with us.
Package: Salary + Incentives
How to apply
Email email@example.com with a cover letter and your resume or simply fill in the form below.
Job application form
Mandatory field(s) marked with *
*If unsuccessful in your application, we will remove and delete your resume. If you have not consented for us to retain your resume, we will remove and delete your details from our database.
Elcom Recruitment Policy
Unsolicited enquiries from recruitment agencies will not be taken.
Any third-party recruiter and/or agency without a signed contract with Elcom will not be eligible for placement fees of any kind from Elcom.
Any CV submitted by such a third party on behalf of job candidate(s) will be regarded as submission by the candidate(s) alone.