elements by Elcom, an industry leading all-in-one school portal solution, today announced its new mobile app for iOS and Android will be available before the start of Term 4. With the elements Mobile App, schools can now empower parents, students and staff to access personalised information and support services, no matter where they are. This ultimately allows schools to provide exceptional student, parent and staff experiences by streamlining communication and strengthening engagement with their entire community.
elements is an out-of-the-box portal solution for school news, notices, timetables, calendars, forms and workflows. It also bridges the gap between popular school systems and currently integrates to the Synergetic School Information System, Canvas LMS and SAML identity providers such as Studentnet and ADFS, consolidating all this information in one easy-to-use, beautifully presented interface.
The new elements Mobile App offers the same seamless functionality users have come to enjoy from using elements on their desktop, tablet and mobile, while providing additional benefits including push notifications. Push notifications enables the school to display alerts on mobile home screens that correspond to the notifications sent to users within the elements portal. Whether you need to notify parents of a change in excursion pick up times, inform students of cancelled extracurricular activities for the following day or require a teacher to substitute for an after-school activity, your entire community will never miss an important notification again.
Ryan Bloch, Elcom COO, explains, “We’re always striving to enhance the functionality within elements to help schools deliver the highest levels of communication, to student, parent and staff, regardless of where they are and what they’re doing. The elements Mobile App mirrors the portal solution on information availability, reliability and security. It features all the functionality of the standard portal, enabling schools to deliver the right message at the right time to the right audience, without any extra administration effort."
The new element Mobile App experience includes:
- Instant push notifications. Send notifications directly to mobile home screens, prompting parents, students and teachers to view important school updates in real-time and respond in a timely manner.
- Real-time news and notifications. Deliver personalised updates and messages from different staff members to segmented audiences including timetable changes, avoiding the need to send mass emails that get lost in inboxes.
- Academic and non-academic student timetables. Give users access to their latest academic and extracurricular activity timetables, pulled directly from Synergetic.
- Easy events promotion. Increase awareness in events with the ability to send alerts and reminders.
- Up-to-date documents. Make it easy to access and view the latest documents and PDFs on mobile, from lunch menus and staff rosters to school policies and procedures.
- Intuitive forms. Prompt users to fill in consent, medical, payment, annual leave and other forms, ensuring information is captured and processed well before deadlines.
- Faster and easier access. The mobile app requests a single log on and allows users to remain logged in for future visits.
- Administration control. Administrators have control over what types of notifications are pushed to users.
The elements Mobile App will be available to download on iOS from the Apple Store and Android from the Google Play store later in the year. Stay tuned for more details.
About elements by Elcom: elements by Elcom is an easy-to-use, beautifully designed, out-of-the-box school portal with seamless built-in integrations to popular platforms including Canvas LMS and Synergetic School Information System. Everything from reports, course feedback, attendance records, consent forms and timetables, to news and upcoming events, is included. This enables schools to provide a central information and communication hub for students, parents and staff of all digital literacy levels, reducing administration and increasing community engagement. Elcom also assists schools in deploying custom portal, website, intranet, forms and workflow and enrolment solutions with third party integrations.