It was deduced that the most viable solution would be to use Elcom as the base platform.
Once this was established, Elcom sourced the optimum balance of developers, implementers, designers and support staff from its team of experts, to complement the Hyundai team and initiate the execution of the project.
Together with Hyundai Information Technology (IT) and Marketing business units the Elcom team assisted in further analysing the requirements and documenting a solution.
To achieve the desired result, the team followed Elcom’s strict project methodology, which runs across the entire project and includes rigorous set of testing and risk management steps to ensure superior quality assurance.
Elcom was able to meet and exceed Hyundai’s objectives by providing a solution which encompassed the following:
- Intranet – An Active Directory integrated information portal and collaboration environment
- Corporate Website – A website supported by a WCMS to reporting flash integration, with embedded tracking and reporting functionality
- Multi-Site Capability – the implementation and distributed management of 144 dealer websites; each customizable and still sharing content from the main site
- Dealer Portal – A secure environment for the 144 dealers to access bulletins and sales related information
- Owners Portal – A secure environment for car owners to access personalized content and view maintenance schedules and obtain driver tips
- RSS Syndication – Syndication and aggregation of content throughout the various areas of the Hyundai Intranet, Extranet and Corporate Website
- Auto-net – Custom built remote login to Auto-net applications
In addition to this, a number of out-of-the-box modules were deployed to meet specific requirements; including form creator, dynamic widgets, web analytics and the developer API.