Join Australia's brightest web technology company
Elcom is a leading provider of web content management systems to a broad range of businesses across Australia & overseas. We are a flexible and family friendly employer who believes in a work life balance, and that our people are our greatest asset.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a senior system administrator to join our Operations team. As part of the Operations team, you will be responsible for almost all aspects of our production and internal systems plus providing internal and external company support relating to our core products.
Your skills and experience will include…
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Microsoft technologies including IIS, SQL, MS clustering and related technologies used in corporate and hosting environments
- Hyper-V and Dell Storage in a corporate and hosting environment.
Know the finer details of MSSQL at a Database Administrator level, such as how to configure an AOHA group, what copy-only means, how to tune performance and so forth
- Understanding of DNS, NTP, SMTP, HTTP and most other core Internet technologies and their respected roles.
- Solid understanding of Networking concepts (bgp/routing, sdn, stp, lacp, switching, vlan’s etc)
Internal I.T. such as Microsoft Exchange/o365, File servers and backups.
- Experienced at an admin level with vendors such Mimecast, CrowdStrike, AWS and Azure
- Experienced with migrating from ‘on prem’ to ‘the cloud’ and related technologies and processes (ie, CDN’s, RDS databases, how backups work etc)
- Experienced with ensuring high availability of websites (failover/bcp/session state storage/cdn/caching etc) towards .NET based web application.
- A team player with the ability to work independently on projects. Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- General experience and knowledge of Linux at a networking level.
- Microsoft Certifications are essential.
- AWS and Azure cloud hosting certifications will be favourably looked upon.
The ideal candidate will be someone whom has been in a similar role in the web hosting industry and has a background in customer support as a lot of the services we provider are for our clients. Internal training for our CMS will be provided.
Located in Woolloomooloo, between Kings Cross and Townhall station. Elcom is the best place to take the next step in your career.
What's on offer
- High achiever environment in company HQ in Sydney
- Realistic and achievable targets and commission structure
- Supported career progression, professional development
- Flexible and family friendly, diverse workplace
- Great work/life balance
- Interesting work solving real client challenges every day
Package: Competitive Salary
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and your resume or simply fill in the form below.
Job application form
Mandatory field(s) marked with *
*If unsuccessful in your application, we will remove and delete your resume. If you have not consented for us to retain your resume, we will remove and delete your details from our database.
Elcom Recruitment Policy
Unsolicited enquiries from recruitment agencies will not be taken.
Any third-party recruiter and/or agency without a signed contract with Elcom will not be eligible for placement fees of any kind from Elcom.
Any CV submitted by such a third party on behalf of job candidate(s) will be regarded as submission by the candidate(s) alone.