Elcom is a dynamic Australian company committed to building innovative web solutions to help our clients succeed in digital engagement and digital transformation.
We are globally recognised with our own web content management software, the Elcom platform. We work with mid to enterprise size clients across all industries including Volkswagen, WWF, H&R Block, Viva Energy and Ascham School.
We believe that a successful sales team makes connections with its customers and creates long-lasting relationships. As the Head of Sales for our company, you will be responsible for making sure the entire team falls in line with our business goals. You’ll be managing a team of 1 Business Development Manager, 1 Customer Solutions Director, 1 Education Sales Specialist and 2 Account Managers in a thriving B2B marketplaces.
We’re looking for a self-starting professional with managerial experience and a proven track record in software subscription sales.
We are hiring an experienced Head of Sales to help us keep growing. If you're dedicated and ambitious, Elcom is an excellent place to grow your career. Don't hesitate to apply.
- Build a Sales team to meet the needs and goals of the business
- Develop key relationships with clients
- Maintain a pipeline full of sales
- Work with the Product Team, Project Team, Marketing and Development team
- Create weekly reports that take a look at the company's sales
- New business
- Pipeline movement
- Monthly forecasting
- # of Proposals
- Actuals Sales Vs Target
- Funnel report
- Develop long term sales goals
- Improve Sales process’s and documentation
- Observe local and national trends in the market
- Attend conferences and trade shows
- Manage sales New Business Team and Account Management team
- Motivate and energise the staff to make proactive decisions in all their communications with clients
- Create and advertise weekly, monthly and quarterly sales goals and keep COO and CEO apprised of the progress
- Prepare sales reports and sign off on their accuracy before submitting them
- Assess the competitive landscape and institute changes to the sales programme in response to competitors’ changes
- Establish a partner network with local businesses and find ways to maximise value from those connections
- Implement a sales training and orientation program to educate new hires as our company grows
- Meet and exceed KPIs and sales targets
- Possess deep knowledge of business product offering and value proposition
- Follow organisational policies and regulations that affect the Sales department
- Proactively pursue new business and sales opportunities
- Solve problems for clients and customers by developing innovative and tailored sales solutions
- Be a brand ambassador and reflect company values at all times
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or business administration required (MBA preferred)
- 4-5+ years’ experience in sales management
- 3+ years in Software Subscription Sales
- 10+ years’ experience in direct sales (B2B a plus)
- A deep understanding of the market services/products
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Expert level interpersonal skills
- Ability to accurately forecast sales
- Leadership skills to manage all of the sales team
- Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and technical skills
- Be able to mentor and coach people
- Ability to analyse data to find trends and problems
- Strong prospecting skills and excellent closing skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
What's on offer
- High achiever environment in company HQ in Sydney
- Realistic and achievable targets and commission structure
- Supported career progression, professional development
- Flexible and family friendly, diverse workplace
- Great work/life balance
- Interesting work solving real client challenges every day
Elcom is committed to investing in your future. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious sales professional to make their mark on a growing business, and join a leading software vendor. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Package: Salary + Uncapped Sales Commission
How to apply
Email [email protected] with a cover letter and your resume or simply fill in the form below.
Job application form
Mandatory field(s) marked with *
*If unsuccessful in your application, we will remove and delete your resume. If you have not consented for us to retain your resume, we will remove and delete your details from our database.
Elcom Recruitment Policy
Unsolicited enquiries from recruitment agencies will not be taken.
Any third-party recruiter and/or agency without a signed contract with Elcom will not be eligible for placement fees of any kind from Elcom.
Any CV submitted by such a third party on behalf of job candidate(s) will be regarded as submission by the candidate(s) alone.