About the company:
Elcom is a Digital Experience Platform that makes it easy for organisations to communicate & collaborate with employees, automate manual processes and drive business efficiencies. At Elcom, we believe that the success of an organisation is dependent on its individuals. We are seeking an experienced and proficient Computer Network and Systems Engineer to join our dynamic team.
The Elcom team is expanding and we are looking for a Computer Network and Systems Engineer.
Location: Woolloomooloo, NSW - 2011
Salary range: $55,000 to $65,000 per annum
Faultless English written and verbal communication skills
1-2 years helpdesk support experience or a similar role.
- Designing, deploying, and administering new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring, and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
- Configuring firewalls, routers, and switches to maximise network efficiency and security
- Maximising network performance through ongoing monitoring, troubleshooting, and evaluation of computer systems and networks
- Investigating faults in the network
- Maintaining and updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Planning, developing, and testing local and wide area networks of the organisation to ensure maximum uptime for users
- Day to day management, maintenance and development of the IT and Communication Infrastructure
- Developing network infrastructure specifications
- Creating and maintaining documentation to keep track of network faults, statuses, and maintenance procedures
- Reviewing network/system performance and recommending future upgrades as required
Requirements and qualifications:
- Proven 1-2 years of Australian experience in a networking based or similar role would be preferred
- Master’s degree or equivalent in computer systems and networks or a related field
- Hands on experience troubleshooting broad range of IT equipment, network, and services
- Understanding of network systems and architectures
Skills and competencies:
- Analytical and proven problem-solving ability
- Be solution and outcome focused and willing to learn new technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management, ability to prioritise and deliver to schedule
How to Apply:
Email: email@example.com with a cover letter and your resume.
Due to a high volume of applications, please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Australian citizens and permanent residents are preferred.
Elcom Recruitment Policy
Unsolicited enquiries from recruitment agencies will not be taken.
Any third-party recruiter and/or agency without a signed contract with Elcom will not be eligible for placement fees of any kind from Elcom.
Any CV submitted by such a third party on behalf of job candidate(s) will be regarded as submission by the candidate(s) alone.